Some Top Twitter Moments of 2012
Twitter has been my M.O. the last last few years, from professional networking to its usefulness as a news feed. For the most part the banter has been friendly, though there were always some moments that made the cat fights on RuPaul’s Drag Race look like a cup scout meeting. Well, here were some of the lighter, and not so lighter moments, during 2012 on Twitter.
- Having Ralph Nader tweet an article of mine on Costco.
- Receiving a “ :) “ from Tabatha Coffey.
- Helping a student in Qatar do his homework via Twitter Direct Messages. That almost killed the iPhone.
- Having Detroit politicians tweet my article on “10 Emerging Sustainable Cities” on the ever-dwindling taxpayer dime.
- Getting called “Old and ugly” by a frump in the UK. I tweeted her, “For the upteenth time, I’m not the barrister in London.” She said sorry.
- Speaking of which, getting the notification that “Leon Kaye is now following you on Twitter.” (the elderly barrister).
- Being told along with UPS “You have the worst customer service on record.” I told him I service very well, thank you, and he didn’t need the Hickory Farms package anyway. He got very angry. I blocked him.
- Stalking Cher via Twitter and telling her repeated I loved the old 60s covers she did like “Girl From Impanema” and “Alfie.” Never replied, but I will assume the plastic surgery on her hands caused them to freeze.
- Getting lots of free stuff, including a huge supply of household chemicals on Twitter.
- Shouting out to the corporate governance crowd almost weekly: Doug Park, Lucy Marcus, Fay Feeney, Marcy Murninghan--among others.
Happy New Year! And follow me on Twitter.